Key Stage 4 - IGCSE (Klasa 9 - 10)
- Key Stage 4 (KS4) is a two year programme leading to external IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education).
- KS4 provides excellent preparation for Cambridge Advanced and for progression to other educational systems. Its learner-centred and enquiry-based approaches to learning provides students with excellent opportunity for self-improvement.
- Key Stage 4 students study up to 15 subjects which are all mandatory; English, Mathematics, Albanian Language, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Geography, Psychology, Economics, ICT, Physical Education.
- Non-Albanian students are able to choose between learning French or first language Turkish, while Albanian students have to take Albanian History and Geography subjects in grades 10 and 11.
- The Cambridge IGCSE (International General Certificate of Education) is a 2 year programme of study in each subject culminating in external examinations at the end of Year 11 - which are marked by Cambridge Examiners. The IGCSEs are graded on a scale from A* to G and certificates are awarded when the results are published in August. Students at MIST sit 4 mandatory IGCSE exams: Mathematics, English, Combined Science and History.
- All students take the State Provimi i Lirimit examinations at the end of Grade 9 as required by Albanian Law.